List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:July 29 2005 2:04pm
Subject:Complete server lock
View as plain text
Dear MySQL,

Yesterday we had a complete lock on our MySQL 4.1.9.

If I connected to it TCP, it would make the connection and hang.

If I connected through the UNIX port, it would report no such file
'mysql.port'.

If I 'kill' or used the stop, nothing would happen.

Eventually I had to 'kill -9'.  I don't think we lost any data fortunately.

It had been suggested that our DNS failed prior to this event.  I don't
think MySQL uses DNS, but I am not entirely sure.

Would any person know what may have caused this?

If I get a state where a 'kill' will not cause MySQL to exit.  Is there
any other know way to ask MySQL to exit cleanly?

Regards,

Ben Clewett.

Thread
Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
  • Re: Complete server lockJigal van Hemert29 Jul
    • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
      • Re: Complete server lockJamesDR29 Jul
        • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
          • Re: Complete server lockMichael Stassen29 Jul
            • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
          • RE: Complete server lockDaniel2 Aug