List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy McHargue Date:July 22 2005 11:34pm
Subject:GROUP BY approximation
View as plain text
I have table with very similar values in one field,

count word
----- ----
2 APPLE
6 APPLES
1 APPEL

select *,sum(count) as total from table group by word will leave these
rows separated.

So I want to GROUP BY that field to add the numbers (to come up with 9
APPLES).  Is this possible?  I guess I'm searching for some type of
functionality similar to SOUNDEX(), except for grouping not selecting.

Thanks,
Andy

Thread
Something boring about mysql application!!!song wang31 May
  • Re: Something boring about mysql application!!!Gleb Paharenko31 May
Re: Something boring about mysql application!!!mfatene31 May
  • GROUP BY approximationAndy McHargue23 Jul
    • Re: GROUP BY approximationDan Nelson23 Jul