List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 14 1999 9:48pm
Subject:Re: Specifying indexes
View as plain text
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Alliban <MarkA@stripped> writes:

Mark> I shall put a cron job to to an isamchk in the early morning, when few users
> should be on the system. Meanwhile here are a few explain's...

<cut>

mysql> explain select count(*) from CallTable where RecordComplete='N' and
> AccountNo=12345;
Mark>
> +-----------+------+----------------------------+----------------+---------+-------+------+-------------------------------+
Mark> | table     | type | possible_keys              | key            | key_len | ref
>  | rows | Extra                         |
Mark>
> +-----------+------+----------------------------+----------------+---------+-------+------+-------------------------------+
Mark> | CallTable | ref  | AccountNoIndex,RecordIndex | AccountNoIndex |      12 |
> 12345 |   10 | range used on key RecordIndex |
Mark>
> +-----------+------+----------------------------+----------------+---------+-------+------+-------------------------------+
Mark> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

<cut>

Hi!

Did you ever experiment by changing the account index key to be

(accountno,recordcomplete) instead of just Accuontno ?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Specifying indexesMark Alliban27 Oct
  • Re: Specifying indexesBob Kline27 Oct
    • Re: Specifying indexesDan Nelson27 Oct
      • Re: Specifying indexesMichael Widenius15 Nov
Re: Specifying indexesMark Alliban27 Oct
  • Re: Specifying indexesBob Kline27 Oct
Re: Specifying indexesMark Alliban29 Oct
  • Re: Specifying indexesBob Kline29 Oct
  • Re: Specifying indexesMichael Widenius15 Nov
Re: Specifying indexesMark Alliban3 Nov
  • Re: Specifying indexesBob Kline3 Nov