List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<anurag.dashputre Date:July 20 2005 10:01am
Subject:RE: MySQLDump - Command line password
View as plain text
Hi,
For confirming that password is shown or not in ps -ef,
just try to connect to your server using your password ,then in a new
window just do ps -ef --width 400 |grep mysql
You will find the output like below which doesn't show the password
 -uroot -px xxxxxxxxxxx

Atleast it is not showing in my case.

Anurag