List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:lmarcilly Date:July 20 2005 9:32am
Subject:Socket Problem
View as plain text
Hi,

i try to use mysql with stunnel (http://stunnel.org) in order to encrypt my mysql
connections. I know that mysql-4.x supports SSL but i can't compile it on my windows box.

When i try to use stunnel on my windows box, it works,

i just have to use this command :

mysql -u user --password=xxx

and with stunnel, i'm connected to the remote server and communications are encrypted.

but on my linux box, my stunnel config file is the same as on my windows box but i've got

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

It is normal since i don't have a mysql server on my linux box so this socket doesn't
exists...

I try with --protocol=TCP option but now i have :

Can't connect to MySQL server on "localhost'

Do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

lm.

Thread
Socket Problemlmarcilly20 Jul
  • Re: Socket ProblemEugene Kosov20 Jul
  • Re: Socket ProblemGleb Paharenko20 Jul