List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cabbar Duzayak Date:July 19 2005 11:40pm
Subject:MySQLDump - Command line password
View as plain text
Hi,

I have setup cronjobs to take daily backups of my db using mysqldump.
But the problem is, mysqldump requires the password to be passed via
command line, which means anyone on the same machine can take a peek
at my password using "top", "ps -ef", etc.

Is there a way of avoiding this, i.e. making it read the password from
some file, etc? Or, is there any other alternative I can use?

Thanks...
Thread
MySQLDump - Command line passwordCabbar Duzayak20 Jul
  • Re: MySQLDump - Command line passwordRich Allen20 Jul
  • Re: MySQLDump - Command line passwordNuno Pereira20 Jul
RE: MySQLDump - Command line passwordanurag.dashputre20 Jul