we've got an old mysql-3.23.58 and a new mysql-4.1.10a and we'de like to
migrate our data, but it doesn't seems to be so easy:-(
out old server has a latin2 database. after we dump it and try tp import
into the new ones we always got errors or the spical accented hungarian
characters are getting wrong.
- what is the prefered (and working) way to migrate from the old to the
- how can define the new char sets?
we try these variations (and manualy create the database with defult
char set and latin2):
1. mysqldump --opt -p xxx > xxx.sql
mysql xxx < xxx.sql
2. mysqldump --opt --default-character-set=latin2 -p xxx > xxx.sql
mysql --default-character-set=latin2 xxx < xxx.sql
3. mysqldump --opt -p xxx > xxx.sql
iconv -f ISO_8859-2 -t UTF-8 -o xxx2.sql xxx.sql
mysql xxx < xxx2.sql
and many more combination, try to read all docs, but can't find any
another question what is the collations latin2_hungarian_ci contains?
how can i interpret that xml file? eg. a is equal to á or not? is there
any way to find out how is the buildin contains defined? or any description?
thank you for your help in advance.
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"