List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:July 18 2005 12:11pm
Subject:Re: Views in 5.0.1
View as plain text
Hi Ben!

Ben Clewett wrote:
> [[...]]
>
> Approximately when will 5.0.1 be available as stable release?

5.0.1 will never change, it is out (and obsolete by now).
You probably refer to the 5.0 family of releases, of which 5.0.9-beta
was published last week.
The 5.0 releases have to pass the "beta" and later "release candidate"
stages before being declared "stable". Please see my reply to this list
on July 14, titled "Re: MySQL 5.0.x", for a longer explanation.

> If we upgraded to 5.0.1 now, is this stable for all the features in
> 4.1.9?  So could we safely move now?

Again: I hope _nobody_ will install 5.0.1 now, but rather the newest
available version of 5.0, which currently is 5.0.9.

5.0.9 is labeled "beta", according to MySQL's criteria.
This labeling is for the whole version only, not divided into "old" and
"new" features. As a new feature can (in general) not be added without
touching existing (= "old") code, such a distinction would not make sense.
(True, the likelihood of bugs in the "old" code is lower than in the
"new" code, but this still does not make it as safe as current 4.1
versions like 4.1.12.)

Of course, MySQL AB welcomes everybody installing current 5.0 versions,
testing them, and reporting about the results.

Regards,
Joerg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Thread
Views in 5.0.1Ben Clewett18 Jul
  • Re: Views in 5.0.1Joerg Bruehe18 Jul
    • Re: Views in 5.0.1Ben Clewett18 Jul
      • Re: Views in 5.0.1Michael Stassen18 Jul
      • Re: Views in 5.0.1Joerg Bruehe18 Jul
        • Re: Views in 5.0.1Ben Clewett19 Jul
RE: Views in 5.0.1Jared Cope18 Jul