List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Roberto Rodríguez Garrido Date:July 14 2005 5:02pm
Subject:Problem with some querys
View as plain text
Hi,

I’m programming an online shop, but I have a big problem with categories, I
detail the database structure:

Categories:

CAT_ID | CAT_NAME | RELATION

1                    |  Computers  | 0

2                    | Notebooks   | 1

3                    | Tablets        | 1

4                    | Notebooks IBM | 2

5                    | Notebooks HP  | 2

PRODUCTS:

PROD_ID | PROD_NAME | CAT_ID

1                          | Notebook HP 102 | 5

2                          | Notebook HP 103 | 5

Like you can see in the products table I store the ID of a category that
have some relations in its table:

Id 5 - Notebooks HP -> Id 2 – Notebooks -> Id 1 – Computers

The problem came when I want to show all computers and I g oto the id 1 for
show all and any product have stored this CAT_ID, because all have the last
“subcategory” id.

Can you help me to know how to do that?

Thanks for all.

Thread
Problem with some querysRoberto Rodríguez Garrido14 Jul
Re: Problem with some querysPeter Brawley14 Jul