List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen Cook Date:July 11 2005 11:31pm
Subject:Re: Storing huge amount of binary data
View as plain text
Per Jessen wrote:

>>3. Again, as you can understand, I want to minimize the cost here. If
>>you don't think I can use mysql, do you think Microsoft SQL server is
>>good enough for this task?
>

> I don't think so, no.

what are you basing this on?

SQL Server is a truly great database package, don't let some foolish
bias blind you to the fact that it is professional grade software.

i like MySQL as much as the next guy, but its being open source does not
mean you should ignore the facts.
Thread
Storing huge amount of binary dataCabbar Duzayak11 Jul
  • RE: Storing huge amount of binary dataMatt Babineau11 Jul
  • Re: Storing huge amount of binary dataPer Jessen11 Jul
    • Re: Storing huge amount of binary dataStephen Cook12 Jul
  • Re: Storing huge amount of binary dataDevananda11 Jul