List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anatoly Sinyavin Date:July 11 2005 10:10am
Subject:MySQL .net connector errors
View as plain text

Hi.

This is Sinyavin Anatoly from Intel (Moscow department).

I attempt to use MySQL benchmark. ( Version 05 July 2005, http://linux.dell.com/blog ).

I want to complain of MySQL .net connector. :-)

I describe symptom.

I launch MySQL benchmark with parameters

            ds2.exe
--target=192.168.9.6 --n_threads=100

and null reference exception in MySQL .net connector occurs.

Source code investigation shows that exception rises in CharSetMap class and sometimes in

method MySqlDataReader.GetFieldValue(). As is easy to see that benchmark provides

multithread environment. I think that this MySQL connector is not thread safe library ...
:-(

It seems that it is very big problem as there are many multithread data base applications.

I hope that criticism helps to make MySQL software to do better.

Many thanks,

Anatoly Sinyavin

Intel EMEA Enterprise SW Enabling, Moscow SED Lab support

Tel +7 (095) 721-4900 ext (4744) (291-4744 iNET)

Fax +7 (095) 721-4905

http://www.intel.com/ids/emea/

Thread
MySQL .net connector errorsAnatoly Sinyavin11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL .net connector errorsGleb Paharenko11 Jul