List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philippe Poelvoorde Date:July 7 2005 8:17am
Subject:Re: telnet localhost 3306 Connection refused
View as plain text
Daevid Vincent wrote:
> What is causing me to have this problem in "mysql  Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.24,
> for pc-linux-gnu (i686)". I am running shorewall, but that shouldn't affect
> localhost should it? My firewall, web, and mySQL server are the same
> machine.

Shorewall can affect localhost as well
Try adding :

ACCEPT          fw      fw              udp     3306
ACCEPT          fw      fw              tcp     3306

in your /etc/shorewall/rules (where fw is the zone represented by your
machine, it depends on your settings).
You should also add the settings for http ( port 80 ).

And eventually change the logging mode for dropped paquets, that should
give you a clue.

--
Philippe Poelvoorde
COS Trading Ltd.