List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 13 1999 11:25am
Subject:can output of "SHOW COLUMNS" be manipulated?
View as plain text

Ed> Can the output of "SHOW COLUMNS" be manipulated?  I have this table whose
Ed> field names collide with SQL, so I've prepended "X_" to every field name.
Ed> I'd like to chop off the "X_" when filling a list box for a user.  I'm
Ed> doing this in HTML, so I can't manipulate the output of "SHOW COLUMNS"
Ed> directly.

Ed> If I were going to do this in a regular query, I could do something like
Ed> "select substring(xxx from 3) ...", but it seems I can't do something like
Ed> this to SHOW queries. :(

Hi!

Sorry, but for the moment this isn't possible.

We plan to make 'surrogate' tables of the output from all SHOW
commands. When this is done you will be able to manipulate the columns
data like you would from a normal table.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
can output of "SHOW COLUMNS" be manipulated?Ed Carp25 Oct
  • Re: can output of "SHOW COLUMNS" be manipulated?Bob Kline25 Oct
    • Re: can output of "SHOW COLUMNS" be manipulated?Ed Carp25 Oct
  • can output of "SHOW COLUMNS" be manipulated?Michael Widenius13 Nov