List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen Johnson Date:April 14 1999 10:22pm
Subject:Former mSQL user
View as plain text
Hello ,
    I recently switched over from mSQL to MySQl and have pretty much
figured everything out but I have a question that I can not seem to
find an answer too.  It has more to do with differences in LiteScript
and PHP then anything else.
    In LiteScript I had the ability to call the sendmail program by
doing this command :
  $fd = open("/usr/sbin/sendmail -t",">|");
  Now I assume that I can do the PHP equivalent of that with the fopen
command.   What I am wondering about though is the LiteScript command
fprintf  That I used to layout the email that I was going to have the
program send out.  My basic question is -- How do I code a PHP program
to send mail from the server based on info from the form or in case
the MySQL daemon is down.  Any assistance would be great.

Thanks
Stephen Johnson
Future World Marketing

Former mSQL userStephen Johnson15 Apr
  • Re: Former mSQL userStan P. van de Burgt15 Apr