List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Behrang Saeedzadeh Date:June 28 2005 7:39am
Subject:A question about the open source license of MySQL
View as plain text
Hi

We've developed a J2EE application for one of our customers. Currently,
the system uses SQLServer as the backend database. The databse system
is not embedded with the J2EE application and we can safely switch to
other RDBMSes.

I wanted to know that if we change the RDBMS from SQLServer to MySQL,
do we have to buy the commercial license or the open source license
suffieces as we've not embedded/tied our application with the RDBMS?

Best Regards,
Behrang S.

--
Behrang Saeedzadeh
http://www.jroller.com/page/behrangsa

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client
Thread
A question about the open source license of MySQLBehrang Saeedzadeh28 Jun
  • Re: A question about the open source license of MySQLGleb Paharenko28 Jun