List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adrian Phillips Date:November 13 1999 9:35am
Subject:Re: no way to unstick an overloaded server
View as plain text

    Mike> At 08:15 PM 11/12/99 +0200, sinisa@stripped wrote:
    >> Mike Wexler writes: > > > > >HI!  > > > >The
easiest way is to
    >> run mysqlgui process window with TIME column > >sorted in
    >> descending order.  > > > >When mysqld gets stuck, you will
    >> clearly observer the offending query > >!!!  > > This requires
    >> starting the mysqlgui before the problem occurs, correct?  >
    >> Also mysqlgui requires a X11 client, correct? It would be nice
    >> to be able > to somehow check whats running after you find out
    >> that mysqld is stuck.  > > >
    >>
    >> HI!
    >>
    >> Yes, start mysqlgui, and all necessary administration dialog
    >> update automatically , with a preset timeout value, with manual
    >> override.
    >>
    >> MySQLGUI is supposed to run on the client side, not server !!!
    >> It is supposed to run on the compulters of administrators,
    >> analysts and programmers.

    Mike> Yes, but theoretically I could run an X server on my Windows
    Mike> box and run mysqlgui on my server pointing to my Windows box
    Mike> for display.

Or possibly VNC : http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc

Adrian
Thread
no way to unstick an overloaded serverMike Wexler12 Nov
  • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serversinisa12 Nov
    • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverMike Wexler12 Nov
      • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serversinisa12 Nov
        • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverMike Wexler12 Nov
          • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serversinisa12 Nov
      • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverSteve Ruby12 Nov
        • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serversinisa12 Nov
        • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverMike Wexler12 Nov
      • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverSteve Ruby12 Nov
        • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverMike Wexler13 Nov
      • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverAdrian Phillips13 Nov
  • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverScott Hess12 Nov
    • Re: no way to unstick an overloaded serverMichael Widenius26 Nov