List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Scherrey Date:April 14 1999 11:11pm
Subject:How to get index/key information via C interface.
View as plain text
I'm trying to write some C++ code that extracts table structures and
maps fields to my objects. Using the mysql_list_fields function I'm able
to get field names, types, and default values. I can also determine if
the field is part of or solely makes up the primary key or an index.
What I cannot determine is order that the field exists within a key or
index (which is important) and also the name of the index that its a
part of. Also, I might have a field that is part of more than one index
and cannot determine this either. I need something like a
mysql_list_indicies/keys function that works similarly to the
mysql_list_fields function. Is such a thing forthcoming or is there an
existing work around for this information?

    thanx & later,

        Ben Scherrey

Thread
How to get index/key information via C interface.Benjamin Scherrey15 Apr
  • Re: How to get index/key information via C interface.Thimble Smith15 Apr
  • Re: How to get index/key information via C interface.Benjamin Scherrey15 Apr
    • Re: How to get index/key information via C interface.Thimble Smith15 Apr
      • Re: How to get index/key information via C interface.Steve Edberg15 Apr