List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 13 1999 9:00am
Subject:Re: questions regarding mysql process list
View as plain text

sinisa> John Cartwright writes:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have a few questions regarding the results of "mysqladmin process" or
>> "show processlist".
>>
>> 1) I assume that the units of the "Time" column are seconds?
>> 2) There seems to be a pattern to how the "Id" values are assigned.  Do
>> the values have any signifigance?
>> 3) what would account for processes that have no hostname associated
>> with them?
>> 4) Should all processes be automatically terminated after living for the
>> number of seconds specified in the wait_timeout variable?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>>
>> -- john

sinisa> Hi!

sinisa> 1. Yes

sinisa> 2. They are sort of auto_increment !

sinisa> 3. They all have host

This usually means that the thread is a 'system' thread or in a
connect state.

Can you post us an example of this ?

sinisa> 4. All threads, not processes  that satisfy  a condition, yes.

To be exact;  Only processes that are in the 'sleep' stage will be
time out after 'wait_timeout' seconds.

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the long delay before replying, but I just come back from
    a 2 weeks vacation trip.
Thread
questions regarding mysql process listJohn Cartwright5 Nov
  • Re: questions regarding mysql process listsinisa5 Nov
    • Re: questions regarding mysql process listMichael Widenius13 Nov