List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 13 1999 8:44am
Subject:Re: Mysqld lockups
View as plain text
>>>>> "Lindsay" == Lindsay Davies <Lindsay@stripped> writes:

Lindsay> Hooray! I've had almost identical experiences, but thought it was
Lindsay> just me. It can be quite alarming to see this happen on a busy server.

Lindsay> Best wishes,

Lindsay> Lindsay

This means that until we have this fixed and you get this problem,
you should not use INSERT DELAYED.

It would be nice if anyone could come up with a patched fork_test.pl
program that also gets similar lockups..  This would make it much
easier to find what's going on.

As a separate note:

Joshua Chamas is almost ready with an addition to MyISAM that allows it
to do INSERT:s to the end of a MyISAM table at the same time other
threads are reading from it.  This should solve almost all problems
where one uses INSERT DELAYED for logging tables.

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the long delay before replying, but I just come back from
    a 2 weeks vacation trip.
Thread
Mysqld lockupsOrlando Andico5 Nov
  • Re: Mysqld lockupsLindsay Davies5 Nov
    • Re: Mysqld lockupsOrlando Andico5 Nov
      • Re: Mysqld lockupsPat Sherrill5 Nov
        • Re: Mysqld lockupsBill Marrs5 Nov
          • Re: Mysqld lockupsMichael Widenius13 Nov
    • Re: Mysqld lockupsMichael Widenius13 Nov
  • Re: Mysqld lockupssinisa5 Nov
    • Re: Mysqld lockupsOrlando Andico5 Nov
  • Re: Mysqld lockupsPat Sherrill5 Nov
    • Re: Mysqld lockupssinisa5 Nov