List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 20 2005 8:25pm
Subject:Re: lexer for query strings
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 20), William G.J. Halfond said:
> I'm not sure if this question is more appropriate for general
> discussion or the internals list.
> I want to create a tokenizer/lexer for MySQL's dialect of SQL to use
> in a JAVA application.  I thought I could do this by creating a JAVA
> wrapper on the lexer code for MySQL.  I looked through the source and
> found the yacc file and the sql_lex file, but was wondering why I
> couldn't find the original lex file?  I had hoped to use this to
> generate the lexer code for my application. is the original file.  It doesn't use a lex-generated
scanner.  It's not all that bad; quite a bit of that file is actually
unrelated to scanning.  Only the first 1000 lines or so look like they
have anything to do with processing input, and that looks

	Dan Nelson
lexer for query stringsWilliam G.J. Halfond20 Jun
  • Re: lexer for query stringsDan Nelson20 Jun