List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Reed Date:June 17 2005 11:41pm
Subject:Ordinal number within a table
View as plain text
Is there way to return the ordinal position of a value within a table?

Let's say I have a table of phone numbers. Over time the table has had additions and
deletions. The table has an autonumber ID field. If I sort by the ID field I'd like to
know what position the number '555-1212' is in the table.

Any thoughts?

Thread
Ordinal number within a tableEd Reed18 Jun
  • Re: Ordinal number within a tableDan Nelson18 Jun
  • Re: Ordinal number within a tableJigal van Hemert18 Jun
    • Re: Ordinal number within a tablemfatene18 Jun
Re: Ordinal number within a tableNishikant Kapoor28 Jun
  • Re: Ordinal number within a tablemfatene28 Jun
RE: Ordinal number within a tableNishikant Kapoor28 Jun
  • RE: Ordinal number within a tablemfatene28 Jun
    • Re: Ordinal number within a tableMichael Stassen29 Jun
      • Re: Ordinal number within a tableMathias29 Jun