List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brady Brown Date:June 17 2005 7:38pm
Subject:can innodb_buffer_pool_size be set > 2Gb on FreeBSD?
View as plain text
Have any of you MySQL/FreeBSD cats successfully set
innodb_buffer_pool_size > 2G without runing into any of the memory
allocation problems found on Linux platforms?

Although I have been given good advice to migrate to an AMD platform
overcome this limitation (and will do so eventually), I am looking for a
shorter-term solution to beat this 2Gb malloc limit on a 32-bit machine.

Can it be done with FreeBSD? Are there any memory allocation issues when
linking to the Linux Thread Library?  Are there other FreeBSD tuning
measures that need to be taken?

Looking forward to hearing from those who have charted this territory.

Thanks,

Brady
Thread
can innodb_buffer_pool_size be set > 2Gb on FreeBSD?Brady Brown17 Jun
  • Re: can innodb_buffer_pool_size be set > 2Gb on FreeBSD?Jeff Smelser17 Jun
    • Re: can innodb_buffer_pool_size be set > 2Gb on FreeBSD?David Griffiths17 Jun
      • Re: can innodb_buffer_pool_size be set > 2Gb on FreeBSD?mfatene18 Jun
  • Re: can innodb_buffer_pool_size be set > 2Gb on FreeBSD?mfatene18 Jun
  • 3G address space and large memory on x86 32bit (was: can innodb_buffer_pool_size be set > 2Gb on FreeBSD?)Jeremiah Gowdy18 Jun