List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 13 1999 12:20am
Subject:Quotas
View as plain text
>>>>> "Troels" == Troels Arvin <troels@stripped> writes:

Troels> MySQL seems to be one of the best choises for an ISP who wants to offer
Troels> a stable DMBS facility as part of their standard web-hosting offer.

Troels> But I imagine that a major concern would be to prevent a user from
Troels> occupying a massive amount of disk-space (worst case: filling up the
Troels> server harddisk partition) due to a large database.

Troels> Is there a way to implement maximal database size or user quotas with
Troels> MySQL?

Troels> --
Troels> Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi!

It shouldn't be that hard to implement this, but for the moment we
have just too much to do, so the above have to wait until some ISP
implements the above in MySQL and sends us a patch.

(If anyone is interested, we can however suggest how to patch MySQL to
do the above :)

Regards,
Monty
Thread