List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sharif islam Date:June 15 2005 4:07pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Backup/Dump
View as plain text
I just moved my databases to 4.1 from 3.23. It went pretty smoothly.
First I used mysqldump to back up the data. Then installed 4.1. First
thing did was import only the mysql table. Then ran
/mysql_fix_privilege_tables command. After that I was able to login to
mysql with my old root password.

On 6/15/05, Kishore Jalleda <kjalleda@stripped> wrote:
> It is recommended that you upgrade to 4.0.x first from 3.23.xx,
> because of any changes to the grant tables in the mysql database, make
> sure you read the upgrade notes before upggrading, here's a good link
> to upgrade,
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/upgrade.html
>
> I find it very simple to zip all the databases to be dumped from the
> old server, and unzip them into the new box instead of a mysqlimport
> etc.... and hopefully it should work,
> # zip -r backup.zip database1 database2 ... .... .....
> the go to data dir and
> #unzip backup.zip
> Kishore
>
> On 6/14/05, mfatene@stripped <mfatene@stripped> wrote:
> > different box, different versions, use export/import (backup table or LOAD
> DATA)
> >
> > Mathias
> >

> > Selon Kory Wheatley <wheakorypersonal@stripped>:
> >
> > > I want to backup our entire Mysql database structure
> > > for
> > > mysql 3.23.58  and dump it in the newly installed
> > > mysql 4.1.10
> > >
> > > What is the best command to do a backup and dump
> > > everything into the new MYSQL version on a different box?

> > --

Sharif Islam                            http://www.sharifislam.com
Research Programmer             University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Library Systems Office            217-244-4688
Thread
Mysql Backup/DumpKory Wheatley15 Jun
  • Re: Mysql Backup/Dumpmfatene15 Jun
    • Re: Mysql Backup/DumpKishore Jalleda15 Jun
      • Re: Mysql Backup/Dumpsharif islam15 Jun
  • Re: Mysql Backup/DumpKaram Chand15 Jun