List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Gale Date:June 15 2005 4:57am
Subject:Re: InnnoDb - change innodb_buffer_pool_size ?
View as plain text
Hello,

	Even if I change the value to 2G it still will not load ? Because the
value was 500M before do I not have to remove the ib* files and have
them recreated ?

Michael

Michael Gale wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I am running mysql 4.0.20 with Innodb and we have upgrade grade the
> RAM in the system from 1GB to 4GB :).
>
> Now If I change the:
>
> innodb_buffer_pool_size
>
>  From 500M to 3G the service will not start. I remember reading
> something about this before and I believe I need to delete the
> ib_logfile* files or something .. and they will get recreated on start
> up ??
>
> Any help is appreciated :)
>
> Here is my mysql.log output:
>
> 050614 19:50:50  mysqld started
> 050614 19:50:50 Warning: Asked for 196608 thread stack, but got 126976
> InnoDB: Fatal error: cannot allocate 3221241856 bytes of
> InnoDB: memory with malloc! Total allocated memory
> InnoDB: by InnoDB 20288332 bytes. Operating system errno: 12
> InnoDB: Cannot continue operation!
> InnoDB: Check if you should increase the swap file or
> InnoDB: ulimits of your operating system.
> InnoDB: On FreeBSD check you have compiled the OS with
> InnoDB: a big enough maximum process size.
> InnoDB: We now intentionally generate a seg fault so that
> InnoDB: on Linux we get a stack trace.
> mysqld got signal 11;
> This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
> or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
> or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
> We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
> diagnose
> the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
> wrong
> and this may fail.
>
> key_buffer_size=67108864
> read_buffer_size=2093056
> max_used_connections=0
> max_connections=100
> threads_connected=0
> It is possible that mysqld could use up to
> key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections
> = 3546735 K
> bytes of memory
> Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.
>
> thd=0x8424780
> Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
> where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
> terribly wrong...
> Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, fp=0xbfffeb88,
> stack_bottom=0x20386365, thread_stack=126976, aborting backtrace.
> Trying to get some variables.
> Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...
> thd->query at 0x64207369  is invalid pointer
> thd->thread_id=484
> The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains
> information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.
> 050614 19:50:50  mysqld ended
>

> Michael

Thread
InnnoDb - change innodb_buffer_pool_size ?Michael Gale15 Jun
  • RE: InnnoDb - change innodb_buffer_pool_size ?Partha Dutta15 Jun
    • Re: InnnoDb - change innodb_buffer_pool_size ?Michael Gale15 Jun
      • Re: InnnoDb - change innodb_buffer_pool_size ?Joerg Bruehe15 Jun
  • Re: InnnoDb - change innodb_buffer_pool_size ?Michael Gale15 Jun
    • Re: InnnoDb - change innodb_buffer_pool_size ?Jeff Smelser15 Jun