List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:George Sexton Date:June 9 2005 4:22pm
Subject:RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!
View as plain text

I tried contributing over at the Tomcat project and really just got abused
by the team there. One of the committers publicly called me a liar ( I
hadn't), while another committer said his basis for rejecting my code was
because of specific code artifact. I called him on the presence of the
artifact, and rather than admitting he was wrong, he maintained the artifact
was present even though I looked at the CVS commmit, and it plainly wasn't
there. This artifact is non-ambiguous in nature, and not interpretive. In
short, one committer rejected my code and called me a liar, while another
rejected my code and lied about the reason. It doesn't really give me a good
feeling about trying to contribute.

These attacks were after I took their initial comments about my submission
and re-worked the submission to address their wants and desires.

It will be a while before I try to contribute. I have my own project, open
source and closed source that I can work on with out being abused.

> B. Find a product more suitable to your needs.

My issue is that shops who are committed to MySQL want to use my product.
I'm really just trying to get along here.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585

Thread
Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Kevin Burton7 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Greg Whalin7 Jun
    • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Kevin Burton8 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!DBA8 Jun
    • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Kevin Burton8 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jeff Smelser8 Jun
    • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Dan Nelson8 Jun
      • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jeff Smelser8 Jun
        • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Kevin Burton9 Jun
          • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jochem van Dieten9 Jun
            • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Kevin Burton10 Jun
RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jay Blanchard8 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jeff Smelser8 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Martijn Tonies8 Jun
  • RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!George Sexton9 Jun
    • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jeff Smelser9 Jun
    • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Josh Trutwin9 Jun
    • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Keith Ivey9 Jun
      • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jochem van Dieten9 Jun
      • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!George L. Sexton9 Jun
RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jay Blanchard8 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jeff Smelser8 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Greg Whalin8 Jun
    • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Kevin Burton9 Jun
RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jay Blanchard8 Jun
RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!PMilanese8 Jun
Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Bob_Savard8 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Boyd Lynn Gerber9 Jun
RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jay Blanchard9 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Gordan Bobic9 Jun
[...]
        • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Roger B.A. Klorese 9 Jun
          • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jochem van Dieten9 Jun
        • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jeff Smelser9 Jun
          • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Greg Whalin9 Jun
            • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!daniel9 Jun
              • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jochem van Dieten9 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!David Griffiths9 Jun
    • RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!J.R. Bullington9 Jun
Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!George L. Sexton9 Jun
RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Bob)9 Jun
  • Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jochem van Dieten9 Jun
RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Jay Blanchard9 Jun
RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!Gordon Bruce9 Jun
  • Timestamp and it's usage (Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!)Martijn Tonies9 Jun
    • Re: Timestamp and it's usage (Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!)Jochem van Dieten9 Jun
  • Re: Timestamp and it's usage (Re: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!)Martijn Tonies9 Jun