List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Smelser Date:June 9 2005 2:50pm
Subject:Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()
View as plain text
On Thursday 09 June 2005 09:39 am, Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:

> I am proposing that when a query is received by MySQL, a timestamp could be
> taken immediately, and that timestamp could travel with the query until it
> is actually processed.  For delayed inserts, the query would still sit in
> the insert queue, and it would still say NOW(), but when the query finally
> gets executed, NOW() is evaluated simply by returning the timestamp of when
> the query was received, rather than when it was processed.

Why cant you use the application to do a timestamp.. so when you send the
insert, it send with the timestamp of when the query would have actually been
inserted?

Jeff

INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Jeremiah Gowdy9 Jun
  • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Jeff Smelser9 Jun
  • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Jeremiah Gowdy9 Jun
  • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Jochem van Dieten9 Jun
  • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Jeremiah Gowdy9 Jun
    • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Jochem van Dieten9 Jun
      • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Eric Bergen9 Jun
        • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()SGreen9 Jun
          • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Eric Bergen10 Jun
        • Re: INSERT DELAYED and NOW()Philippe Poelvoorde10 Jun