List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Sales (DBA) Date:June 9 2005 7:27am
Subject:Re: Suggestions on db server configuration - Replication & load balancing
or Clustering??
View as plain text
Ed Pauley II wrote:

> I need to come up with a high availability, high performance MySQL
> server setup. I have two database servers half way across the country
> from one another being replicated through a VPN. These db servers
> serve two very busy web sites with multiple applications accessing the
> db. During busy times we are seeing 1200 to 2000 QPS. For good reason
> our database servers have high load averages during peek times. I have
> been looking at MySQL clustering, but due to the fact that our
> database is rather large the in memory only restriction will make it
> unfeasible. The other option is load balancing and replication. My
> problem with this setup is that there will be too many points of
> failure since there can only be one master for each slave. Not to
> mention the lag that may be introduced since there would be multiple
> servers at each location. It is crucial to the operation of the sites
> that all of the servers stay in sync at all times.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

- check out http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/ It's not the perfect solution
to your problem(s), but it might help.

- ian

| Ian Sales                                  Database Administrator |
|                              "All your database are belong to us" |
| ebuyer                                      http://www.ebuyer.com |

Suggestions on db server configuration - Replication & load balancingor Clustering??Ed Pauley II8 Jun
  • Re: Suggestions on db server configuration - Replication & load balancingor Clustering??DBA)9 Jun