List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:alexc Date:June 9 2005 7:21am
Subject:Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabetical
View as plain text
I would say this is not a bug. You declared an enum for the column. So
therefore it sorts in enum order. Makes perfect sense.  To me MySql is
working correctly. If it did not sort an enum in the order declared for
the enum then i would be annoyed. Enums are not strings.

Declare the column as varchar if you wish to sort _alphabetically_.

--
alex

tel
02380 48 8273
Thread
ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalDaevid Vincent9 Jun
Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalEric Bergen9 Jun
Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalalexc9 Jun
Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalFelix Geerinckx9 Jun
Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalMartijn Tonies9 Jun