List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:June 8 2005 10:38pm
Subject:ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabetical
View as plain text
Please tell me there is a way to fix this "bug" in mysql  Ver 12.22 Distrib
4.0.18, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

I have a column defined like so:
Type
enum('Schedule','Report','Admin','Search','General','License','Access')

If I SELECT, and ORDER BY Type, it is ordering in the order defined by the
the ENUM, not _alphabetically_ as a sane person would expect. UGH!

Please tell me there is a fix or work around.

Thread
ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalDaevid Vincent9 Jun
Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalEric Bergen9 Jun
Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalalexc9 Jun
Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalFelix Geerinckx9 Jun
Re: ORDER BY and ENUM -- not alphabeticalMartijn Tonies9 Jun