List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:PMilanese Date:June 8 2005 6:47pm
Subject:RE: Seriously.. When are we going to get subqueries?!
View as plain text
Although it was nice to hear a few versions ago that they were thinking
about adding this, I did not think it was absolutely necessary. There are
many other ways to handle embedded queries. You can also offload some of
the server side work by doing so. Depends on how you use it I suppose.

As far as 'complaining' goes.... Unproductive. Extremely.

Asking for a feature, sure. Submitting a bug report, sure. But
'complaining' about a feature is not only unproductive as an open source
user, it's flat out wrong. The ole saying 'Givem an inch, they want a
mile' comes into play.

MySQL does have a development plan. Maybe not the same as everyone would
like, but I'm sure that they will likely stick to that plan.

Anyhow.. Much longer than I intended, but these guys do work. Let them do
it.