List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bastian Balthazar Bux Date:June 6 2005 2:13pm
Subject:Re: file my.cnf is missing for Solaris 8, for mysql 5.0.6
View as plain text
James Black wrote:
> I am getting the following error, when I try to use bin/mysqld_safe,
> Could not open require defaults file: $MYSQL_HOME/data/my.cnf
> Fata error in defaults handling. Program aborted

Don't remember where I've read it but mysql binary packages don't read
anymore the my.cnf from $MYSQL_HOME/data/my.cnf .

for alternative paths try
#mysqld --help --verbose | grep my.cnf

Thread
re: file my.cnf is missing for Solaris 8, for mysql 5.0.6James Black6 Jun
  • noob questionDigvijoy Chatterjee6 Jun
    • Re: noob questionSGreen6 Jun
    • Re: noob questionDigvijoy Chatterjee6 Jun
      • Re: noob questionmfatene6 Jun
  • Re: noob questionMartijn Tonies6 Jun
  • Re: file my.cnf is missing for Solaris 8, for mysql 5.0.6Bastian Balthazar Bux6 Jun