List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Lynch Date:May 26 2005 7:14am
Subject:Re: maximum size of mysql server-id field
View as plain text
On Wed, May 25, 2005 11:59 pm, David said:
> Does anyone know what the range for server-id can be?
>
> Is it a 16 bit number? 32 bit?
>
> I can't seem to find it in the documentation or via google.

I did dogpile.com for "my.cnf format server-id" and found:

http://mysqld.active-venture.com/Replication_Options.html

which claims it's a 32-bit non-negative.

"range from 1 to 2^32 - 1"

I dunno if they are authoritative or not, mind you...

32-bit that would have been my first guess, fwiw...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

Thread
maximum size of mysql server-id fieldDavid26 May
  • Re: maximum size of mysql server-id fieldRichard Lynch26 May
    • Re: maximum size of mysql server-id fieldEric Bergen27 May