List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremiah Gowdy Date:May 26 2005 6:51am
Subject:Re: InnoDB to MyISAM
View as plain text
> Hi,
> If you're loocking for consurrent inserts/deletes, use innodb (row level
> locking). This will be better than myisam.

I'm looking for concurrent inserts / selects, reading and writing.  The key
is to get the reads and blocking writes (writes that need the insert ID,
which can't be done DELAYED) done as quickly as possible.  Deletes are
relatively unimportant as long as the primary record is marked deleted.
Cleaning up the FK linked records is of no consequence in this particular
application, and can be deferred to a nightly process.

> This will ceratinly be faster since insert or delete on myisam implies a
> LOCK
> table implicit mecanism.

Insert does not imply a LOCK TABLE if there are no deleted records.

Thread
InnoDB to MyISAMScott Purcell25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMDBA)25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMRafal Kedziorski25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
    • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMmfatene26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
    • RE: InnoDB to MyISAMPeter Normann26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy27 May
Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
Re: InnoDB to MyISAMDBA)26 May