List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:May 25 2005 1:40pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB to MyISAM
View as plain text
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/converting-tables-to-innodb.html
>
> He's converting InnoDB to MyISAM.
>
> I would recommend something like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE newtable LIKE oldtable;
>
> ALTER TABLE newtable ENGINE=MyISAM;
>
> ALTER TABLE newtable DISABLE KEYS;
>
> INSERT INTO newtable SELECT * FROM oldtable;
>
> ALTER TABLE newtable ENABLE KEYS;
>
> >>key relationships?
> >
> > MyISAM can't FK's.
>
> Yes it can, they're just not enforced.

LOL - that's just like saying that MyISAM supports transactions
if you only do transactions that are a single statement...

In other words: useles.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
InnoDB to MyISAMScott Purcell25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMDBA)25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMRafal Kedziorski25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
    • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMmfatene26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
    • RE: InnoDB to MyISAMPeter Normann26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy27 May
Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
Re: InnoDB to MyISAMDBA)26 May