List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Sales (DBA) Date:May 25 2005 1:02pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB to MyISAM
View as plain text
Scott Purcell wrote:

>Hello,
>I posted last night but did not receive an answer. I am trying to create a fulltext
> index, but my table was created as an InnoDB type.
>
>There is quite a bit of data there (1000+ records) and I need to change to a MyISAM
> table for the indexing for fulltext search.
>
>How can I convert the InnoDB to a MyISAM, and also, when using MyISAM, can I have
> foreign key relationships?

- ALTER TABLE table_name TYPE=MyISAM;

- and no, you can't have foreign keys with MyISAM tables--or rather,
there's nothing preventing you using foreign keys but you will have to
enforce referential integrity programmatically. MySQL won't do it for you.

- ian

| Ian Sales                                  Database Administrator |
|                              "All your database are belong to us" |
| ebuyer                                      http://www.ebuyer.com |

InnoDB to MyISAMScott Purcell25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMDBA)25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMRafal Kedziorski25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies25 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
    • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMmfatene26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
    • RE: InnoDB to MyISAMPeter Normann26 May
  • Re: InnoDB to MyISAMJeremiah Gowdy27 May
Re: InnoDB to MyISAMMartijn Tonies26 May
Re: InnoDB to MyISAMDBA)26 May