List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Gale Date:May 24 2005 8:10pm
Subject:data length vs index length ??
View as plain text
Hello,

Currently I have a large mysql table (36 million rows) and according to
the mysql-admin the data length is 6.5GB and my index length is 8.8GB.

I am new to mysql, but I would assume that my index should not consume
more space then my data ?

But in order to provide the data in a timely manner I do not believe I
can remove any of my indexes as there were all added as a result of a
query taking 30-40 minutes.

Michael
Thread
data length vs index length ??Michael Gale24 May
  • Re: data length vs index length ??mfatene24 May
  • Re: data length vs index length ??Dan Nelson24 May
  • Re: data length vs index length ??SGreen24 May
  • classic outer join problemHank24 May
    • Re: classic outer join problemSGreen24 May
    • Re: classic outer join problemmfatene25 May