List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Duncan Hill Date:May 23 2005 7:13pm
Subject:Re: How to implement views in mysql 4.12 version
View as plain text
On Monday 23 May 2005 20:01, Dayakar wrote:
> Please give me solutions at the earliest as mirgration from oracle to mysql
> is started and i need to meet the solution as soon as possible.

4.1 does not support views.  As documented in the online documentation:
"Views (including updatable views) are implemented in the 5.0 version of MySQL
Server. Views are available in binary releases from 5.0.1 and up. See Chapter
21, Views."

Migrating, and then reading the documentation and trying to learn how things
work is usually a bad idea.
Thread
How to implement views in mysql 4.12 versionDayakar23 May
  • Re: How to implement views in mysql 4.12 versionJeff Smelser23 May
  • Re: How to implement views in mysql 4.12 versionPaul DuBois23 May
  • Re: How to implement views in mysql 4.12 versionDuncan Hill23 May
    • Re: How to implement views in mysql 4.12 versionmfatene23 May