List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:November 11 1999 10:17pm
Subject:Re: isamchk failing!
View as plain text
On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 09:16:37PM +0100, Ralph Graulich scribbled:
> Hi Chris,
>

> >     What is isamchk complaining about and how can I point it to a larger
> >partition for temp files?
>
> If everything else fails and you are in a really hurry, I once helped
> myself just setting a symlink from the tmp partition to a larger mountpoint
> somewhere else. It even works on a partition mounted via nfs, tho I won't
> prefer this solution, cause it is real slow caused by nfs...

     Yow!  that would have been bad.  As it turns out, isamchk crashed
processing the last chunk of records.  I started isamchk -o at 11:00am.  It's
now 2:14 and it's only halfway done.

     I *warned* them this computer was slow.

Chris...

--
What's the point?					NT is not the solution.
							     NT is the problem.