List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:November 11 1999 6:44pm
Subject:Re: isamchk failing!
View as plain text
On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 10:01:36AM -0800, Chris Trown scribbled:
>      I checked the archies, but did not find an answer.
>      Well, I wasn't paying close enough attention and the partition that the
> database resides upon filled up.
>      I manage to shutdown the server and start and isamchk of the tables.
> isamchk manages to fill /var with a temporary file.  I'm obviously not going to
> get anywhere with that, so I kill it.  I try again with the TMPDIR environment
> variable set.  From that point on, I get
> cheops:/usr/local/mysql/var/modems: isamchk -r rad_accnt
> - recovering ISAM-table 'rad_accnt.ISM'
> Data records: 2267116
> isamchk: error: Can't create new tempfile: 'rad_accnt.TMD'
> ISAM-table 'rad_accnt' is not fixed because of errors
>      no matter what I try.
>      The -T and the --tmp_dir options are unknown.  This is the version number:
> isamchk  Ver 5.7 for hp-hpux10.20 at hppa1.1
>      What is isamchk complaining about and how can I point it to a larger
> partition for temp files?
>      Thanks!!!

     Don'tcha love it when you start panicing?

     Sigh...   I forgot about the '-f' switch.  I had to extend the filessystem
before I could proceed.  That's one feature about HPUX that I LOVE.  File
system full?  No problem, just extend it and off you go.

What's the point?					NT is not the solution.
							     NT is the problem.
Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
PGP fingerprint: 063FCE320681C336  78C164FC9B2F91EA
isamchk failing!Chris Trown11 Nov
  • Re: isamchk failing!Chris Trown11 Nov
  • Re: isamchk failing!Ralph Graulich11 Nov
    • Re: isamchk failing!Chris Trown12 Nov