List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mfatene Date:May 14 2005 8:19am
Subject:Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQL
View as plain text
hi,
i followed this thread and really think that this isn't a locking problem, but a
table structure problem.

if there is a column in table with a boolean flag (dealt yes/no) the queries go
just looking for rows where dealt=0 (or no).

Mathias

Selon Duncan Hill <duncanh@stripped>:

> On Friday 13 May 2005 18:21, Gordon wrote:
> > If you can add a table structure why not create a SELECTED table with
> > REPORT ID and PERSON ID as the 2 field PRIMARY KEY.
> >
> > Then you could INSERT IGNORE into this table [with no BEGN/COMMIT] and the
> > IGNORE would throw away those already selected.
>
> Mostly because I've glossed over the exact details of what I'm doing.  The
> table in question is a reporting table storing a list of IDs (multiple per
> key) and things like purge time etc.  When the reporting script runs, it
> needs to deal with rows that haven't been dealt with before, but not with
> rows that are currently being processed by another reporting script that's
> already processing rows not dealt with before.
>
> In theory, no two scripts should ever access the table at the same time -
> they
> run 15 minutes apart.  However, I'd rather not leave it to chance.

Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLEric Bergen13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
        • RE: Read past Equivalent in MySQLGordon13 May
          • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill14 May
            • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene14 May