List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Duncan Hill Date:May 14 2005 6:06am
Subject:Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQL
View as plain text
On Friday 13 May 2005 18:21, Gordon wrote:
> If you can add a table structure why not create a SELECTED table with
> REPORT ID and PERSON ID as the 2 field PRIMARY KEY.
>
> Then you could INSERT IGNORE into this table [with no BEGN/COMMIT] and the
> IGNORE would throw away those already selected.

Mostly because I've glossed over the exact details of what I'm doing.  The
table in question is a reporting table storing a list of IDs (multiple per
key) and things like purge time etc.  When the reporting script runs, it
needs to deal with rows that haven't been dealt with before, but not with
rows that are currently being processed by another reporting script that's
already processing rows not dealt with before.

In theory, no two scripts should ever access the table at the same time - they
run 15 minutes apart.  However, I'd rather not leave it to chance.
Thread
Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLEric Bergen13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
        • RE: Read past Equivalent in MySQLGordon13 May
          • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill14 May
            • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene14 May