List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:November 11 1999 6:01pm
Subject:isamchk failing!
View as plain text

     I checked the archies, but did not find an answer.

     Well, I wasn't paying close enough attention and the partition that the
database resides upon filled up.

     I manage to shutdown the server and start and isamchk of the tables.
isamchk manages to fill /var with a temporary file.  I'm obviously not going to
get anywhere with that, so I kill it.  I try again with the TMPDIR environment
variable set.  From that point on, I get

cheops:/usr/local/mysql/var/modems: isamchk -r rad_accnt
- recovering ISAM-table 'rad_accnt.ISM'
Data records: 2267116
isamchk: error: Can't create new tempfile: 'rad_accnt.TMD'
ISAM-table 'rad_accnt' is not fixed because of errors

     no matter what I try.

     The -T and the --tmp_dir options are unknown.  This is the version number:

isamchk  Ver 5.7 for hp-hpux10.20 at hppa1.1

     What is isamchk complaining about and how can I point it to a larger
partition for temp files?

     Thanks!!!

Chris...

--
What's the point?					NT is not the solution.
							     NT is the problem.