List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Duncan Hill Date:May 13 2005 3:25pm
Subject:Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQL
View as plain text
On Friday 13 May 2005 16:19, Eric Bergen typed:
> I agree. It sounds like you could use plain repeatable read isolation
> transactions.  If someone else is modifying those rows you get an older
> version from when your transaction was started. No need for skipping
> anything.

In the case of what I'm programming, I need to be able to skip records that
have been selected by another instance of the program (don't want to send the
same person 40 reports with the same content).  Hence why I use flags on the
table to say 'in progress, don't read me'.
Thread
Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLEric Bergen13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
        • RE: Read past Equivalent in MySQLGordon13 May
          • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill14 May
            • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene14 May