List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:May 13 2005 3:19pm
Subject:Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQL
View as plain text
I agree. It sounds like you could use plain repeatable read isolation
transactions.  If someone else is modifying those rows you get an older
version from when your transaction was started. No need for skipping
anything.

Martijn Tonies wrote:

>>>I am using InnoDB only.
>>>But, it's not skipping locked rows.
>>>

>>Ditto that here.
>>

>Actually, I consider that a good thing... What's the point in leaving
>out rows that have not been modified yet but are about to be updated?
>The transaction that has the rows locked might as well be rolled back.
>
>The data that is visible is the data as available at that moment.
>
>With regards,
>
>Martijn Tonies
>Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL
>Server
>Upscene Productions
>http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLEric Bergen13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
        • RE: Read past Equivalent in MySQLGordon13 May
          • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill14 May
            • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene14 May