List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ramesh G Date:May 13 2005 10:10am
Subject:Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQL
View as plain text
Yes. Martijn is correct.
I am trying to skip locked rows and get the  next unlocked
row available. Reading uncommited data will cause unexpected
problems. I don't want to do that.
Is there a way to do this?

Regards
Ramesh

On Fri, 13 May 2005 11:54:11 +0200, Martijn Tonies <m.tonies@stripped>
wrote:

>> Yes, that's what i said. He is trying to ovverride data consistency, and
> read
>> uncommitted is so possible. So why not use it if it solves the problem.
>> else, read uncommitted sould be droped from mysql.
>
> I don't think he is trying to override data consistency... with MS SQL,
> "read past" wil simply skip the locked records and return a resultset
> without
> em.
>
> With regards,
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL
> Server
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com

Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLEric Bergen13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
        • RE: Read past Equivalent in MySQLGordon13 May
          • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill14 May
            • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene14 May