List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:May 13 2005 9:38am
Subject:Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQL
View as plain text
Ramesh,

> Thanks a lot for your comments. In MS SQL we have something which can
> achieve this very simply:
>
> select Top 1 * from Table1 with (updlock,readpast)
>
> I am looking for something exactly similar to this in MySQL.

This actually is a work-around for that bloody MS SQL locking crap.

>Creating temp
> tables will not work for me as the no of users for the system could be as
> high as 500.

As far as I know, InnoDB uses multi-versioning to AVOID locks.

MS SQL Yukon uses this technique as well and will probably tout it as
"new!" while the technique is waaaaay old and first commercially used
in InterBase.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLEric Bergen13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
        • RE: Read past Equivalent in MySQLGordon13 May
          • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill14 May
            • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene14 May