List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mfatene Date:May 13 2005 6:24am
Subject:Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQL
View as plain text
look also using READ UNCOMMITTED

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/innodb-transaction-isolation.html

Mathias

Selon mfatene@stripped:

> Hi,
> you're ooking for the opposite of what can be done. One can select in share
> mode
> or for update :
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/innodb-locking-reads.html
>
> this prevents data from being incoherent. If you want skip waiting for locks,
> you can make for each user a temp table containing the result of the select
> without for update :
>
> - create temporary table tempo select ... from table
> - update tempo
> - update table where
> - drop tempo
>
> even then, the table will be locked for the update statement. But you can
> test
> it.
>
> Mathias
>
> Selon Ramesh G <gramesh@stripped>:
>

> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is there a way by which I can tell the Mysql to ignore the rows that are
> > locked by someone else and take the next available record. The problem is,
> > I have a Query like this:
> >
> > Select * from Table1 where Fld1=2 FOR UPDATE Limit 1
> >
> > I will have multiple clients running this same query with the same where
> > clause. For the second instance of the query mysql seems to wait till the
> > transaction of the first instance gets completed. This makes this query
> > slow as the time taken for the transaction to complete is somewhere
> > between 1 and 1.5 seconds.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ramesh G
> >

> > --

Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLEric Bergen13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
        • RE: Read past Equivalent in MySQLGordon13 May
          • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill14 May
            • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene14 May