List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mfatene Date:May 13 2005 6:19am
Subject:Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,
you're ooking for the opposite of what can be done. One can select in share mode
or for update :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/innodb-locking-reads.html

this prevents data from being incoherent. If you want skip waiting for locks,
you can make for each user a temp table containing the result of the select
without for update :

- create temporary table tempo select ... from table
- update tempo
- update table where
- drop tempo

even then, the table will be locked for the update statement. But you can test
it.

Mathias

Selon Ramesh G <gramesh@stripped>:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way by which I can tell the Mysql to ignore the rows that are
> locked by someone else and take the next available record. The problem is,
> I have a Query like this:
>
> Select * from Table1 where Fld1=2 FOR UPDATE Limit 1
>
> I will have multiple clients running this same query with the same where
> clause. For the second instance of the query mysql seems to wait till the
> transaction of the first instance gets completed. This makes this query
> slow as the time taken for the transaction to complete is somewhere
> between 1 and 1.5 seconds.
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh G

Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLRamesh G13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
  • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLMartijn Tonies13 May
    • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLEric Bergen13 May
      • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill13 May
        • RE: Read past Equivalent in MySQLGordon13 May
          • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLDuncan Hill14 May
            • Re: Read past Equivalent in MySQLmfatene14 May