List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:May 12 2005 7:00am
Subject:Re: table optimisation
View as plain text
Seena,

 >How to check whae are tables are having how many
 >indexes on which columns ?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/show-index.html

and alternatively if you're using 5.03 or later,
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/statistics-table.html

eg an approximate equivalent of SHOW KEYS FROM tbl [FROM db] would be
  SELECT *
  FROM information_schema.statistics
  WHERE table_name='tbl'
  [AND table_schema = 'db']